December 21, 2012
December 10, 2012
This post is headed up exactly 11 days before the winter (in the northern hemisphere) solstice of 2012, assuming I got the time zones correct.
You know … THAT day. The one “everyone” is saying – or at least “everyone” is saying that the Mayans said – that the world is going to end. Or we’re all going to become higher vibrational spiritual beings. Or Planet X will swing by. Or some such other stuff.
In other words, only 11 more days people can suckle the milk from the teat of a meme that has frightened people, bilked them from money, made them see a pretty bad movie, and various other things.
If you’re just finding this blog through an internet search and don’t follow me regularly, perhaps you can tell that I clearly put zero stock in such things. In fact, the main purpose of this post is to create a “master” post for the majority of my 2012-related posts and podcasts. I’ve been known to suckle a bit myself, and there’s no harm in doing another post that’s just a bunch of links … it’s a public service, ¿ya know? to have ’em all in one place.
After all, the majority of people coming to my blog these days are coming here due to searches for 2012-related doomsday stuff.
The Posts and Podcasts
The main blog posts:
- Planet X and 2012: The Real and Historical Story of Planet X
- Planet X and 2012: Primer on the Mayan Calendar
- Planet X and 2012: The PseudoAstronomy (or Just Plain Wrong Astronomy) About a Galactic Alignment
- Planet X and 2012: The Pole Shift (Magnetic) Explained and Debunked
- Planet X and 2012: Proof Earth Is Not Experiencing a Pole Shift
- Planet X and 2012: The Pole Shift (Geographic / Spin Axis) Explained and Debunked
- Planet X and 2012: Why Planet X Is NOT Coming in 2012
- Planet X and 2012: What The Sky Looks Like On December 21, 2012
- Planet X and 2012: Why a 3600-Year Planet X (Nibiru) Doesn’t Exist
- Planet X and 2012: Could Planet X Be a Planet Around a Binary Star to Our Own – a “Dark Star?”
- Planet X and 2012: The “Institute for Human Continuity” Is NOT REAL
- Planet X and 2012: “Even the Maya Are Getting Sick of 2012 Hype”
- Planet X and 2012: Why Gilbert Eriksen’s “Wormwood” Won’t Be Showing Up
- Planet X and 2012 and Astrology: Exploring the Claims of Astrologer Terry Nazon on 2012, Part 1
- Planet X and 2012 and Astrology: Exploring the Claims of Astrologer Terry Nazon on 2012, Part 2
- Planet X and 2012 and Astrology: Exploring the Claims of Astrologer Terry Nazon on 2012, Part 3
- Planet X and 2012: When Is “2012,” Anyway?
- Planet X and 2012: The Myth of the Southern Approach
I have also written a few posts that are tangentially related to the 2012 subject:
- Planet X and 2012: Young-Earth Creationists Actually Can Do Real Science Reporting
- What Happens When All the Planets Line Up Against Us?
- The Sun’s Binary Companion, Nemesis – Fact or Fiction?
- Astrologers Take Note – We Are Nowhere NEAR the “Dawning of the Age of Aquarius”
- Planet X and 2012: Sun Returns to Greenland … Two Days Early!? And a Major Fail by Time Magazine
- The New-Age Conspiratorial World of Gregg Braden
- Mike Bara’s New-Agey Anti-Science Beliefs, from Bad Geometry to Astrology to Exploding Planets
- New Nostradamus Quatrain for 2012 Discovered (my April Fools 2012 post)
- Some Boring New Results Show We’re Still Not Going to Cross the Galaxy In December 2012
And my podcast episodes so far on 2012 and Planet X:
- Episode 14: The Mayan Calendar and What the Mayans Think of 2012
- Episode 15: Galactic Alignments, Part 1
- Episode 16: What the Sky Looks Like on December 21, 2012, Part 2
- Episode 21: The Geographic Pole Shift, Part 1
- Episode 22: Proof We Are Not Experiencing a Pole Shift, Part 2
- Episode 25: The Magnetic Pole Shift
- Episode 13: The True Story of Planet X
- Episode 23: The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 1 (Zecharia Sitchen)
- Episode 28: The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 2 (Gilbert Ericksen’s Wormwood)
- Episode 43: The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 3 (The Myth of the Southern Approach)
- Episode 51: The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 4 (Nancy Lieder)
- Episode 54: The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 5 (IRAS Discovery in 1983)
And podcasts on which I have been interviewed on 2012:
- Conspiracy Skeptic: 2012 and Planet X (10/03/2009)
- Point of Inquiry: The End of the World as We Know It (26/12/2011)
Why would you be going to other sites?
Well, if you must, I highly recommend 2012 Hoax.org.
My one main regret is not doing my planned eBook on the subject. It was going to be free, but I just never got around to writing it. Even just as a compilation of blog posts. :(
I suppose my other main regret is that I have yet to do a post or podcast episode on the sun and 2012. The podcast episode will be coming out in 5-6 days, though … so, still have time, and it’ll come out.
Saving Face – Help Me Look?
All that said, there are lots of people who have made several explatives’-worth of money on 2012 stuff. I have to think that some of them are going to try to save face and back-pedal and make excuses.
If you find any, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! You can do this very easily by posting a comment in the Comments section below this post. I want to do a podcast episode on it early in 2012 (like February-ish).
So far, I really haven’t seen too much escalation of this stuff now that we’re less than two weeks away. Supposedly some people in Russia are worried, but I don’t know if that’s just the press making a big deal out of a few people.
Even Coast to Coast AM hasn’t really ramped stuff up — I almost expected that the producers would be having a 2012’er or Planet X’er on several times a week, but that hasn’t happened. Looking at their schedule for this week, Dec. 9-12 (what’s posted), we have Abraham Lincoln’s assassination, the fiscal cliff, some mob-JFK show, and the “Watchers” and a cosmic battle with L.A. Marzulli. Only the last one is remotely 2012-ish. Perhaps “not with a bang but a whimper” is apropos.
Oh, and NASA’s come out with their “nothing’s going to happen” stuff, but the people who believe that “something” in 2012 is going to happen are rarely going to believe anything that NASA or any other part of any government says. It’s perhaps unfortunate, but that’s the case.
So that’s that for now. See ya on December 22.
Edited to Add (11/12/2012): Apparently now, even the Vatican is getting in on this, saying nottin’s happenin’. Which makes sense, considering that their holy book contains text that states no human (fairly sure it says “man,” but I’m generalizing here) will know the day nor the hour of the end stuff it talks about. Well, and the Maya, to them, are pagans so nothing they do should be taken seriously since the Vatican has a monopoly on spirituality, or some such thing.